Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Milestones...

Well, my baby is officially in the First Grade! It truly just seems like yesterday that we found out we were pregnant with him…and then that we brought him home from the hospital…and then that we were celebrating his first birthday….man, time flies by! Where has the time gone? He had a great first day of school and was making plans for a play-date on his walk out of the school building – my little social butterfly! I video-taped the morning yesterday…but he woke up before I went in to wake him up, so we had to pretend that Faith Anne and I were going in to wake him up – he did a good job of acting! LOL We all walked him to school – although he didn’t really want to walk with us…and we got him situated in his class. I had to pull Scott out of the room – I think he had a harder time with it then I did! Some of the other parents were having a hard time and saying that this was worse than Kindergarten because they are there all day and the whole lunch thing….I guess it wasn’t for us since he was there all day last year too. At any rate, he likes his teacher and has some friends in his class from last year. It was a good first day!

So…besides that major life-event….things have been going pretty good – just busy. It seems that we always have something going on! Isaac had his first sleep-over on Friday night. He was so excited about that. He asked Jacob to spend the night. Scott took the boys to a football game and then they came home and played games…..the girls and I were already in bed. Then on Saturday, I had the Women’s Gathering, so Scott was home with 4 kids by himself! The boys played well together…but Faith Anne wouldn’t leave them alone – surprise, surprise. She is a pill! He was ready for me to take them all when I got home….so I did! I took them all with me to drop Jacob off at his house and then we came home and got ready to go! We went to see my nephew’s football game – we had a good time…but it did rain on us! Oh well….that was fun to watch him play. I am hoping to go to many of his games. It was nice to see my sister and my nieces too. I hadn’t seen them for a very long time! My sister is such a funny character….she was sharing with me that a guy we went to high school with is a junior high teacher at my niece’s school – that is so weird! I told her that we were getting old!!! Well, she is…this is her 15 year reunion year. I doubt she will go, but 15 years! That means that Scott’s 15 year reunion is next year….old, old, old! Anyways, we had fun there. My girls just adore their cousins….and Isaac does too, but he isn’t as open about it. He did think it was pretty cool to see Darnell (my nephew) play…and wear the same number as he does! We went out to dinner with Mom and Dad afterwards….at this big, beautiful hotel/complex thingy that was not there when I was a kid….oh, the game was at my old high school. Anyways, talk about memories. Where we ate used to just be a cornfield! That was a little weird. Then we took the scenic route home and I was telling the kids (only Isaac really listened) stories about all the places we were passing. I have some great memories of my childhood!

Sunday…Isaac had his first official game of the season. We lost…but it he had fun and that is all that really matters….that is what I keep telling him! He did great…..he didn’t get knocked down once….he landed on the ground once, but that was because he threw himself on top of a pile of kids already down there! I guess he wanted a piece of the action…LOL. Anyways, he did great and even though they lost, they had fun. The kids and I went out to breakfast with Mom and Dad afterwards…..we have been eating out too much!!! Then we came home….Scott went to some draft party at the church….so, the kids and I got home and I got cleaned up and took them over to my parents house so I could go to a viewing. A lady that I worked with passed away from breast cancer. She was only 45….and had only been diagnosed 3 years ago. It was very sad to see her family there….her husband and her parents…just so very sad. They weren’t Christians either….and I honestly do not know how you make it through something like that without Christ in your life – seriously! So…that was about it for Sunday, I guess. Nothing else exciting happened…at least not that I remember!

Monday….work was work…I haven’t heard anything about that other job yet. The lady just got back from vacation this week. I think the interviews start next week…so keep praying! Kelli did talk to the lady who I would report to and she told her (Kelli told her) that I was the best person for the job…LOL. The lady – her name is Jean – told her that she had heard that from several people now. So, hopefully all of that will work in my favor! I am anxious…..but trying to be patient! But if you know me…you know that patience is not a virtue that I possess! Anyways…work was work. I got to start my new “flex-time” schedule and leave at 2:00 – LOVE that! So, I left and got the kids from my Aunt’s house….took the girls to my parent’s house…. ran home and changed clothes and grabbed Isaac’s school supplies and took him to meet his teacher and drop off his supplies. We went and saw his Kindergarten teacher while we were there – she is such a nice person! Then I took him to the Greene and bought him some new t-shirts and took him to dinner as my special time with him before school starts. He is such a funny kid….we had a great time together. Football practice ended up being cancelled, so we had a nice quiet evening at home and I tried to get him in bed early.

So….other GREAT news…Michael got to go home yesterday! Yep, he is out of the hospital! He still has to go back every day for rehab therapy….but he is HOME! Please continue to pray. They need prayers badly….it is going to be a HUGE transition for everyone and his parents are really struggling. They both have very different opinions on what is best for Michael….so please pray for that family. I am sure that my Dad is going to be helping as much as he can with getting Michael back and forth to his therapy….so, just please pray for that situation. I think that he is giving his testimony this Sunday at the church where the incident occurred. He has been working on it at the hospital and really wants to give it. So, it would be nice if it wasn’t this weekend since we will be out of town this weekend, but he is anxious!!!

Yeah…this weekend is our family reunion in Somerset, Kentucky! I am excited now that it is getting closer! Things have been so busy lately that I just haven’t really had much time to think about it! Isaac has a football game at 8:00 am on Saturday – yes, you read that right – and then we will probably leave soon after that to head down there. We are only staying one night this year and going to head home late on Sunday night…..Isaac is in a parade on Monday…so we want to be home for that. Plus, everyone else is leaving from there to go on vacation in Gatlinburg, so we will be jealous of that and ready to head back! LOL But we have a big week here next week because Faith Anne starts Pre-School! I don’t know how in the world we are going to work out our schedule for next week….my parent’s are going to be on vacation – but we will have to figure it all out! It is like putting together a puzzle with a million pieces! LOL

So, I guess that is about it! Praying for all of you…and especially for Josy to keep that baby Claire “cooking” a while longer!!! And for Angela as her baby starts Kindergarten! Big stuff! Love ya!!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

I missed you on Sunday! I wondered if it was a football thing. It was only Abby and Alexia in the nursery. LOL. Tough crowd! ha ha!

Amen that Michael is home! How wonderful! I'll be praying about his continued recover and the other struggles going on right now.

Glad Isaac's first day went well. I remember being there at the hospital that night after he was born. It's so amazing to think how time flies! Abby will be 2 in December...then off to Kindergarten before I know it! Amazing!

Glad everything is well with you all! Sorry I didn't make it to the women's thing. We were in KY all day Saturday. Love ya!

Sherry said...

First Grade scares me. I keep telling Joe that Kindergarten was the best year of my life, but he's really looking forward to next year when he gets to stay all day and eat lunch.

Kelley said...

I'm so glad that Michael is at home. I hate that both parents have different views, but hopefully they can come to a solution that helps Michael out even more than their individual solutions.

I can't believe Isaac is in the first grade...and playing football....and a little social butterfly...oh wait, I CAN believe that one! I'm so proud of him!

Lots of Love!

Dawn said...

Ya know I remember when we moved here Isaac was in the wee ones class. Not for long but I do remember him in there. Heck we COULD send Abbi next year to Kindergarten but we're not cause I want her to be 6 but just the thought of that depresses me. She'll do 2 years of preschool. She's going to the church across the street from us so its so convienent. We meet her teacher next week and we've heard good things. She has a daughter Madisons age. That is so awesome that Michael is home. Such great news. I pray the parents find peace through this and it doesn't hurt thier marriage any. Have fun in Somerset this weekend. HUGS!!!!

girlie_mom said...

Thanks for the thoughts...tomorrow is the big day. I cried lots today. We want to come to one of Isaac's football games. I think Carmen will get a kick out of that. Praying so much for the new job. Wow, will that makes things so much better for you all.

Have fun at your reunion.

Love ya!