Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend Update!!!

Hello Ladies! Man, this weekend flew by! I guess that is what happens when you jam too much into two days! But it was a fun one!!!

Let’s see…last week, I don’t think anything too exciting happened after I posted. At least not that I remember now. Oh, Isaac’s t-ball game was interesting on Thursday night. For some reason, the other team’s coach didn’t like our coach and the parents on that team seemed to forget that it is a Kindergarten/1st Grade team. They were out for blood, but somehow accused our team of being that way. It was very odd. Our coach is about the opposite of that…he just cheers for everyone. Now, he is very vocal – by that, I mean he is constantly cheering/coaching the entire game. Whether it be for our kids or their kids, he is always being positive. Anyways, the other coach was not nice to our coach a few times. Then after the game, the commissioner (guy in charge) came to talk to our coach….turns out he (guy in charge) reeked of alcohol, so I will disregard what he said. But he told our coach that he needed to stop pushing the kids to “compete” so much and blah, blah, blah. OBVIOUSLY he has never watched our coaches coach, because they are the most positive team I have seen out there yet. It was just very odd….and I felt bad for our coach because he really took it to heart and called all the parents to apologize – even though he did nothing wrong. I think the entire team responded as I did…I am THRILLED that he is our coach and hope he will be Isaac’s coach next year and the year after that and the year after that. I am hoping that the other team and the guy in charge just had a bad night and that everything will be fine again tomorrow night. It was just strange, but left a bad taste in my mouth…ya know?

So, anyways! Let’s see…Friday night, we went out to dinner and then shopping at Gabriel Brothers…LOVE that place. Got some really good deals! After spending $60, we left with 4 shirts for me, 1 for Scott, a onesie for Gracie and two pairs of shorts and a shirt for Faith Anne…oh, and a nightgown for Faith Anne and one for her friend Madison too. Not bad!!!! Then we went to the Party Store and I got some decorations and things for Faith Anne’s Princess party. We got home and got all the kids in bed and I took off and went to Target by myself. That was nice. Got some more stuff for Faith Anne’s party and a present for her friend Madison. Oh…and I got a present for Faith Anne’s birthday too! We are trying to buy stuff now so that it won’t all hit the pocket book at the same time!

Saturday morning we had a bit of a lazy morning…not really, since the kids get up so early. But then Scott had to go work at the Strawberry Festival and Mom and Dad came and picked me and the kiddos up to go to the festival. On the way to our house, they stopped at a garage sale and bought us a $5 stroller! I have been looking for a smaller stroller….but hadn’t found one I liked yet….but the $5 one is PERFECT! And so was the price! So, anyways, we all got loaded up in their truck and headed up to the festival. Boy, was it hot!!! I didn’t buy a thing…I was disappointed because I really wanted this one thing that I saw…but I wanted to ask Scott first. So, I called him but he didn’t answer until we were too far away from it….so I didn’t get it. Oh well. It was very hot, but the kids had fun. Dad took them (well, Isaac and Faith Anne) to play hockey and they had a great time doing that. Mom and I got to look at stuff and I got some great ideas for this old window I bought. I need to work on that project. I also got some great ideas for Jodi! I wish she were with us, she is so talented….anyways…that was a fun day. We left the festival and went to Steak-N-Shake for dinner and then headed home. The two older kids took naps but Gracie was having no part of that, unfortunately because I needed a nap! Oh well….so I got up and did laundry and stuff like that while Scott was at PT practice. Then when he got home we gave the kids baths and piddled around the house (don’t really remember what all we did) and that was it for Saturday!

Sunday….we got up and everyone got ready for church. It was a great Sunday! I got to go to Sunday School for the first time in a while and we had good discussions….and I went to service by myself….meaning, I left Gracie in the nursery….and that was nice! The song service was great, the messages were both great…we are really blessed to have Beef at our church. I pray that he will still be here when my kids are old enough for the youth program. I have really enjoyed hearing him preach last week and yesterday. And as soon as Steve started preaching, I just started crying. To see how God has worked in his life…. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I was talking to Funny Fingers after church and we were tearing up together about it. Anyways, it was a great service. And I LOVED hearing Baby Tony making a few noises during the service. He is a perfect little baby – so precious.

We left church and went home and had lunch. Then we were off! We went to Wilmington for Madison’s birthday party. We couldn’t stay long because we had to leave there and go to another party. However, Faith Anne and Madison are two little DIVAs and they were having so much fun together, that Tera (Madison’s mom) had a crazy moment and asked to keep Faith Anne and bring her to us tonight for the church softball game. So, we left Faith Anne there (she didn’t even notice we left, I don’t think) and we (4 of us now) headed back to Kettering. Scott and Gracie went to his cousin’s graduation party while Isaac and I headed to a church for the free football physicals. Well, we got there along with a million other people and decided that standing in line was not worth the $20 my doctor will charge me for the physical. So, we got the forms we needed and left to go to the graduation party. It was at least a 2 hour wait…not for me!!! Patience is a virtue that God did not bestow on me! LOL or GOL….for those of you who don’t know what that is, see one of Sara’s comments!!!

So, after the graduation party, we headed home and gave the two kids baths. Scott went to Men’s group and I just enjoyed the peace and quiet! It was a nice evening – good way to finish the busy weekend!!!

So, here I am at work….again! This is going to be a short week, so that is good! I leave to work from home in a bit today and then I am going to work from home all day tomorrow. Scott is going to drive to Kentucky to see his grandparents tomorrow and come back on Wednesday. They are both ill…his grandpa is in the final stages of prostate cancer, so he needs to go visit them. And then I am taking a vacation day on Friday because it is Isaac’s last day of school! They have a family picnic and then we are going to take all the kids to the rec center or somewhere fun if it rains. And then Saturday….WOOHOO! Saturday I am going to Kentucky with Mandie (my best friend from high school who married my cousin) and we are meeting up with Jodi (staying at her house!!!) and going to see The Lion King! I am really looking forward to a fun girls night out! We are coming home on Sunday ( I am thinking we will leave when you all head to church, Sister…so you don’t have to miss on account of us). I don’t want to be gone too long from the family, since Scott is being nice enough to let me go on yet another girls weekends!!! I have had quite a few of those this year, not that I am complaining! But I don’t want him to realize that…LOl

So, I am looking forward to this week! Well, I guess I need to get my stuff packed up! You all have a blessed Monday and I will talk to you soon! Love you all!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

You did have another busy weekend, girl! Was Tera feeling okay when she offered to keep Faith Anne overnight? LOL. I can barely deal with mine, much less someone else's! Glad you had a nice weekend, though.

I really need to check out that Gabriel's place. I'm all about deals!

Lucky you getting to see the Lion King this weekend! I'm jealous! Have a great time! Love ya!

girlie_mom said...

Just wondering if you heard ALL the noises Tony made during the service??? He pooed so loud it made Courtney's face turn beet red. WE laughed pretty hard at that one.

Your weekends tired me out, just reading them. AND I can't believe you are already giving out invites to FaithAnne's party...it's in JULY!! Elena wants to have a princess party too, so keep your stuff. (do I sound cheap??) Last year you brought me your plates and stuff, that's why I said that.

You will love the Lion King. Maybe if I can find time to get over there, I can give you some money to maybe buy me a poster or shirt or something. I need something cool like that to put up in my new room at school.

Ok, wrote a book and most of it was being a mooch!!

Love ya!

Kelley said...

I'm so excited about you going to see The Lion King. I've heard wonderful things about it!!!

I loved to hear Beef preach too! It reminds me when Comic Guy preaches. They are so alike and I just love to hear them talk about God. How come he's preached for 2 weeks?

Have a great short week this week! Lots of Love!

Dawn said...

Girl anytime you want to go to Gabes again let me know I LOVE that store. I really want to go soon but with no kids becuase you really just need time to look since some of the stuff is damaged. Have fun this weekend I"m sure ya will. We'll miss ya sunday morning :) HUGS!!