Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Day of Summer

So, it has been a while….and I have also been lurking and not commenting. Sorry! Things just are always so busy at work these days and there is no way I get time to journal at home, so I read journals every day (it is a habit now!), but I just don’t always comment. But I am keeping up with you all….and praying for the Journal Goddesses!

Let’s see….so much has happened, I don’t think I can remember everything, so I will just give you highlights! I am sure you are all dying to hear about my very exciting life!

So, Isaac had his last day of Kindergarten! Yep, that is right. I now have a First Grader! Man, I am getting old! His report card was just glowing and I got some great pictures of him with his two teachers. And I finished the school year the same way I started it – with tears! I just cannot believe that my baby is out of Kindergarten. Where has the time gone? He is just growing up into a little man right before my eyes. He is doing great in t-ball – really great. He hit a home-run in a little “All Star Game” they had a few weeks ago. He just ran his little heart out and got all the way home. I was so proud of him! We have a really great team – I hope we stick with most of the same kids for a long time. I know that at least 3 of us are going to move up to coach pitch next year, so we will all stick together. I am not sure about the rest of the kids. I feel sorry for them if they have a different coach next year because our coach does such a good job, he has set the bar high. Anyways, I know you all don’t care about t-ball, but it is a big topic of conversation in our house! I love that Isaac is so involved. He only has a one week break between t-ball and football and that week is Camp Extreme, so he is going to be busy all summer!

Faith Anne is still my little DIVA! She really is FABulous! She is very excited about her Princess Party coming up for her birthday. We are calling it a “Princess Tea Party”. My mom said she is really going to make tea….not like the kids will drink it. I wish I could find some cool “tea-sets” to use for it. I bought stuff for the kids to make crowns (just sun visors for the boys), so that should be fun. I hope this potty training stuff kicks in soon. I am trying not to make a big deal about it when she goes in her pants, but make a HUGE deal out of it when she goes in the potty. She has had some all dry days at my Aunt’s house, but when she gets home, she is just so stubborn. We haven’t decided what we are getting her for her birthday, so we need to get that figured out. I am sure it will be something “Princess”. What is funny is that she hasn’t seen any of the Disney Princess movies. Someone asked her who her favorite princess was the other day and I just laughed and said she doesn’t know who they are….but she said Snow White. I was shocked. Don’t know where she learned that from. I am getting really bad at buying her clothes! She is just so much fun to shop for and now she can wear “big girl” sizes (not the “T”s) and those are even cuter! So, I have to steer clear of Children’s Place and other places that have cute clothes or I buy her stuff she doesn’t need! I did buy her a pair of Jelly Shoes! I HAD to get those! I cannot believe they are back in style!

Gracie is doing great, although she still doesn’t really sleep through the night. We need to move Faith Anne to Isaac’s room temporarily while we just let her cry and learn to put herself back to sleep. Actually, just last night my parents had Isaac and Faith Anne overnight, so I just went and put her pacifier back in her mouth when she started crying at 3:30 and she went back to sleep….only until 5:00. So I got up and fed her and then she went back to sleep. It is just getting really old, and lord knows she doesn’t need the bottle in the middle of the night. She is wearing 18 – 24 month clothes and she is only 8 and ½ months old! She isn’t crawling yet, but she is scooting on her butt wherever she wants to go! It won’t be long. She gets up on one leg, but then can’t figure out how to get the other one around yet. She still spits up, but not as much as she used to. She does really good eating….we can’t shovel it in fast enough! So far, there really hasn’t been anything she doesn’t like to eat, except peaches! And who can blame her?!?! I don’t like peaches either. She just keeps giving me raspberries (and thus, showering me with the food) when I try to feed her peaches. That is what she does when she is getting full too. It is her lovely way of telling you she has had enough. Isaac and Faith Anne think it is very funny when she gets food all over me. They really enjoy Gracie and Gracie LOVES them. She just watches them and giggles at them all the time. There are still times when I cannot believe we have three kids…..it can be overwhelming….but they are great. There is never a dull moment in our house, that is for sure. Whenever Jodi calls, she comments that it sounds like we have a circus in our house….and we kinda do! Sometimes are worse than others, but it can get wild!

Scott is doing great at his job. He just is really a great salesman and has found a niche’ for himself. I am so proud of him. I think he had a nice Father’s Day. It was a little weird because my parents were out of town in Florida, his Dad was in Kentucky with his grandparents and then Scott and Isaac went to a Red’s game. So, I spent the day with the girls! But that is what he wanted to do and since our families weren’t doing anything, it was fine with me. I love my Sunday naps! We are getting together with the families this weekend…mine on Saturday and his on Sunday. Anyways….Scott got a new gas blower (yippee) and a t-shirt for Father’s Day. He has been wanting the blower for a while, so whatever floats his boat! I am not very good at expressing my emotions all the time with him….I can be a nag more than I will tell him that I love him. So, I really put some thought into the card I gave him and told him how I really feel and not just how I usually nag him! I need to do that more often. I just get so wrapped up in “life” and the kids and all that, that I just don’t take the time to express myself to my husband and he really is a great husband and father. It is neat to see how he has grown over the years and to see how he continues to grow….

So, that is the update on my family! I had a really wonderful time in Kentucky with Jodi and Mandie. We had a great dinner, Lion King was amazing (if you ever get a chance to go, you should absolutely see it) and then Howl at the Moon was fun – but man am I glad that I don’t party like that anymore…..it brought back some memories of my wild college days and I don’t miss them! It was fun to be there and watch people and the music was great, but I don’t miss those days of trying to meet someone and blah, blah, blah. I told Scott when we got home that if something happened to him, I would just be single forever because I do not want to enter the dating scene again. But, we had fun! It was a whirlwind trip down there and back because Mandie and I both had to get back for family stuff on Sunday. I felt bad leaving Jodi’s so soon, but I bet she enjoyed a nice, long Sunday nap without us being there! And she was a very good Bed and Breakfast Hostess! If you are ever down that way, you should book a room at their “Inn”! They give you gifts and everything!

Work has been busy, but fine. Stinky Pete and I are getting along better – now, he is still an idiot, but we are getting along alright. He still kinda walks on egg-shells around me, but I think that is funny. I am finding it easier and easier to be more vocal with him and telling him what I really think. Not sure if he thinks that is a good thing or not, but I do!

Well, I need to get to work, so I guess that is all the updating I am going to get to this time! I really do keep you all in my prayers. I have been doing much better with my daily devotional time lately…and it is so amazing to me how much better my day is when I start it with prayer and devotion time. I don’t know why I let time get in the way so much!!! If you are ever looking for a book to use, I highly recommend Joyce Meyer’s “Battlefield of the Mind” devotional book. It is really good. I am also reading one called “Faithfully Fit” and it is about dieting. It is really good too. I just started that one on Monday, but it has some great insights.

Well, have a great day! Hugs and love to all!!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I was wondering when you were going to update! I think we're going to stop by Faith Anne's party. I can't remember the date off the top of my head, so I'll probably just email you and ask you. LOL.

It's hard for me to believe that Isaac's starting first grade next year! Wow! It seems like not long ago that I came to your old house and visited right after you had him! Crazy!

Glad things are better at work. I hope that continues! Love ya!

Kelley said...

He's going to be in first grade? She's have dry days? She's wearing 18-24 month clothes? Put some pictures on your blog girl...I miss those kiddos!!!!

Who wrote the "Faithfully Fit" book? I would like to read that. Let me know how that goes!

Glad you're back at blogging! Lots of Love!

Sherry said...

I totally get t-ball. It was that way at our house too. At least until golf came along. (Further proof that he really is my kid, LOL.)

Joe was a hard one to potty train too. (Some days we still struggle.) My sister finally had to ignore her daughter when she had accidents. If Lill cried because she was wet, too bad. Lill had to either change her clothes herself or learn to stay dry. Kim said it only happened once or twice after that and then it was done.

I can't believe Gracie is so big! You have got to post some pictures!

Sounds like you did a good job for Father's Day. I know it's so much easier to nag (I'm the same way), but isn't it worth it when ya let him know how you feel?!

Hugs to ya girl!