Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My 200th Post on Blogger!!!

Is it only Wednesday? And it is only 2:00 on Wednesday. I wish this week would just hurry up already! I am looking forward to a three-day weekend!!! Can you tell?

Well, not a lot has happened since I last updated, but I am bored at work. Now, that doesn’t mean I don’t have a lot to do, but it does mean that I have no desire to do what I should be doing. How is that for honesty? I am just in one of those moods!

So, let’s see…Monday night ended up being a very fun evening! Tera and the girls and her baby boy came over and we talked until the guys got home from work. Then it started to pour down rain, so their softball game was cancelled! Oh well! I was secretly relieved because I didn’t feel like lugging all the kids there anyways. And we got more time to just visit with them! Tera and I get along very well…and obviously Scott and Jason do. We have a good time together. Faith Anne had a lot of fun at their house. She has talked about it ever since! And they belong to the pool in Wilmington (where I grew up), so she took the girls to the pool on Monday. She is braver than me! She took the two girls (3 year olds) and Hunter (her 6 month old) to the pool by herself! So, they had a great day. So, after we ate dinner on Monday, we were just sitting around and talking and she and I decided to take off and go to the Greene for a minute. We just went to Bath & Body and The Children’s Place - but it was a nice break for her! She is a stay-at-home Mommy and Jason works two jobs, so she doesn’t get much time away from the kids. It was a nice (short) break. So, anyways…that was Monday evening!

Tuesday….I worked from home all day because Scott got up pretty early and left to go to Kentucky to visit his grandparents. So, after I got Isaac off to school, the fun began. It was a very stressful day because Gracie was whiney all day and I was trying to WORK, but she wanted to be held! It wouldn’t have been so bad if I didn’t feel pressured to actually “work from home”. I did get some things done, surprisingly enough, but she just wasn’t very happy yesterday. She finally took a longer nap so I was able to do a few things, but it wasn’t a great day. Oh well! If I was just off work, it would’ve been fine. Faith Anne was pretty good, but she is very demanding too. So, Kelli was nice enough to offer her husband Steve to come and pick Isaac up for his t-ball game last night. The coach likes them to be there early…like 20 – 30 minutes before the game, so it was nice that he picked Isaac up and the girls and I were able to come a few minutes later. His game was great. He is doing such a good job…and he hit his first double last night! Of course he did it last night when there wasn’t a big fan club there for him. Scott wasn’t there and my parents weren’t there (they were at my niece’s ball game) and only my MIL was there from his family. But Isaac did great and he was so proud of his double….as was his Mommy! So, after the game, we walked home and Isaac called Scott to tell him all about the game. I know that he hates that he missed it, but he was where he needed to be.

I talked to him briefly this morning on his trip home and he said that his grandpa has lost a lot of weight (and he wasn’t big to begin with) and is extremely weak. I guess that he slept most of the time that Scott was there. I am so glad that he went to visit them. I have a feeling it won’t be much longer….

So anyways, back to last night….Gracie was just in a funk all day yesterday and again last night. She didn’t sleep well. I think she is getting more teeth in, but it is driving me crazy! She is just whiney and needy. Oh well….this too shall pass!!! I just keep telling myself that!

So, Isaac only has 2 days of school left! And Friday is a family picnic day! So, Scott and I both took the day off to go to that with him and then I think we are all going to the Rec Center afterwards. It is supposed to be nice and hot, so hopefully that works out. We asked him what fun thing he wanted to do, and that is what he came up with! And then that night, he and Scott are going to a Red’s Game. So, I think his last day will be special! I was talking to one of the 1st Grade Teachers last night and I was asking her about getting him a tutor for the summer. She suggested just doing a “ramp-up” in August instead of all summer. She also suggested signing him for a reading club thing at the Public Library. So, I am going to look into that. I thought that was a great suggestion!!! She thinks he needs a bit of a break, but then to start early in August. He has visited her classroom (they have them all do that to show them where they will be next year) and she said she thinks he is right up there with everyone else in his class. I am so proud of that little guy!!!!

Little Miss Faith Anne…where do I begin? That little thing is driving me CRAZY! She refuses to go on the potty….she demands everything…she hits Isaac….she takes toys away from and scolds Gracie….she is something else. But the next minute, she is so cute and adorable that you just want to squeeze her up! Scott says that I have met my match when it comes to stubbornness, but I don’t think I am that bad! I love her to pieces, but she is a challenge…make that a CHALLENGE. Pray for me with that little girl, PLEASE!!!

So, I am really looking forward to this weekend! I will have to let you all know how wonderful Lion King is. Last year when Jodi and Mom went…that is all they talked about for a while….and every person I have talked to who has seen it has nothing but great things to say. So, it should be a great time!

Well, I guess I have put off my work long enough….I need to get back to it. Have a great day! Love you all!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey sis...I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the mental picture of Faith Anne scolding Gracie! I don't have any words of wisdom for ya but I'll pray for patience for you all!

Yay for Isaac getting a double! How exciting! I wonder if because he didn't have such a fan section he was able to concentrate on the game more? Just a thought...how was the coach thing?

See you soon! Congrats on your 200th entry!

Kelley said...

Okay, now I'm thinking that Faith Anne gets her stubbornness from BOTH of her parents! lol! Don't leave Scott out of having any stubborn in his personality!

Yeah, I totally agree with the teacher...give Isaac a break. If you push too much school, he might start to not like it. The library thing will be great! I used to do that when I was little. Sometimes they have all kinds of contests at the library...who reads the most books, who's the youngest reader, who reads every week, etc.

I can't wait to hear about your trip to see The Lion King!!!!!!

Lots of Love!

Dawn said...

Girl I"m cracking up about your Faith Anne comments. That is so my Abbi. She and Madison love each other so much and I see it daily but I also see how they both like to pick at each other and I know that Abbi does it more to Madison. She told her today (when Madison wouldn't let her sit in the corner of the couch that they both fight over all the time) "well then I"m not gonna play with you anymore" Of course I'm sure she first heard that from Madison. She also hits (well they both do but Abbi does it way more) I'm also glad that Scott got to go to KY and be with some family. Enjoy the rest of the week girl have a good evening!!

Sara said...

Everytime you talk about how stubborn Faith Anne is, I just know that's going to be Abby in a couple of years! Way to go, Isaac! It's so neat to see them grow and I can't believe he's going into first grade next year! wow!

I'm glad Scott got to see his grandpa. That time will mean the world to him when his grandpa passes away!

Enjoy the Lion King! I'm jealous! Love ya!

Sherry said...

I totally know what you mean about being bored at work. It happens to me a lot.

Did you get to read Strong-Willed Child? I was very impressed with it. I know I'm not as consistant with disciplining Joe as I should be, so this was a huge motivator.

Have a great weekend!