Friday, May 25, 2007

THRILLED that it is FRIDAY!!!!!

Good Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! Can you tell I am happy that it is Friday!??! This has been a long and stressful week at work, hence why I haven’t been able to post until now!

Before I get into my update….Please pray for my friend Hope. This is the girl that I work with that has no relationship with God…in fact, I am not 100% convinced that she even really believes in God. Anyways, she just found out yesterday that her husband has been cheating on her with 3 other women. She kicked him out last night, but this is not going to be an easy road for her. Please pray for her. I can’t imagine going through something like that….especially without knowing to lean on God for strength. Thanks….

Well, things are going well at our house! The kids are doing well, Scott is doing well and I am doing well! LOL We are always on the go, it feels like. But that is getting better since Isaac has his last soccer game on Saturday and we don’t have Wednesday night church for the summer.

So, let me start with Isaac. He has had a few rough days at school. He got in big trouble on Monday because he had 3 days in a row where he was not “in the green” at school. On Monday, he brought home a letter because he was in the BLUE! It goes, green…yellow….blue….and then red. So, we were NOT happy about that. His punishment was that he couldn’t play with the neighbor boy and he couldn’t go to Daddy’s softball game. Well, you would’ve thought that I cut off his right arm. But we stuck to it! What got him in trouble was he put his hands around his friends neck to get them to listen to him….NICE! And then he was pushing his classmates to get to the front of the line. So, on Thursday, I picked him up from school and his PM teacher pulled me aside and told me how much he loves having Isaac in her class and what a joy he is. She said that he reminds her of her son because he is so much bigger than his classmates. She tried to explain to him that when he pushes or hits, it is a lot harder and could hurt a lot more than one of the other kids….so it isn’t like he is a bully or anything. He is just doing what the other kids are doing, but because of his size it makes a bigger difference! That made me feel better! She is such a good teacher. I still cannot believe that my baby is reading, writing, doing math….it just amazes me! He is excited about going on to first grade next year! He only has 2 more weeks of school! I think he will miss going every day…..but that will change as he gets older!

He is doing GREAT in T-ball and did great in soccer! I am so proud of him because he hustles just as much as everyone else and he really gets into it. His t-ball coach is really amazing….his profession is that he coaches football for a local college. So, he takes that energy – but on a positive side – to the t-ball boys and it is just so much fun to watch!

Faith Anne…yeah, she is STILL NOT potty trained. My mom is working with her when she has her…my Aunt is working with her when she has her….we are never home in the evenings to work with her….but the bottom line is, she knows how to do it, but just chooses NOT to! So, needless to say, we are a bit frustrated with her! I did tell her the other night that she wouldn’t be moving up to the Preschool class at church until she was potty trained and that really upset her because she wants to be with her friends. So, we will see!!! She wants to have a Princess Tea Party for her birthday this year. So, I need to figure that out! I really want to try not to have such a big party like we always do, but I just don’t know how to NOT invite everyone!!! LOL Anyways, she is so stinking cute! However, she has been getting up at the crack of dawn every morning….and it is getting annoying! I am getting ready for work at 5:30 or 6:00 and she keeps getting up! I don’t know what the deal is! Isaac gets up too! I hope they outgrow this because it is CRAZY! And Scott is not a morning person, so I feel bad for him!!!

Gracie is doing great! She is so chubby but just so stinking adorable! She still spits up all the time – and that is annoying, but she is doing well eating baby food. We occasionally feed her some table food that is mushy and she does really well with it. She has her two bottom teeth in and is working on one of the side bottom teeth. That is odd. It feels like she is going to get that in before her top front teeth. Anyways, she is doing great. She still wakes up to eat once “in the middle of the night”….really at like 4:00 or so. But that is not bad because she goes to bed at like 8:00. So, if we could just get her to stay awake longer, it would be better. But she is just so tired in the evening. She is sitting up, but does not like to be on her belly! She can roll over, but honestly, she hates to be on her belly so she doesn’t do it very often! Who knows when she will crawl…but I am not rushing that. She can stay stationary for as long as she wants to!!! Funny how we want our first to do all that…..and even our 2nd. But this time, she can take as long as she wants to!!! Her hair is long enough to put in pigtails or a pony-tail, but she pulls at it and I don’t want her to pull the rubber band out and choke on it. But she is so cute!!!!

Scott is doing fine at his job still. We really enjoy the flexibility of it. He is able to get most of the shopping, laundry, yard-work, etc done during the morning before he goes to work. I know, I am spoiled! He is such a wonderful husband and father. I told him last night that after being with Hope and hearing her wonder about her husband cheating on her….it just made me realize again how lucky I am to have such a great husband. Now, that isn’t to say that we don’t argue, because we do. But he does so much for me and the kids.

Well, things at work have been interesting. Last week, I had a meltdown. Stinky Pete did something that really made me mad…and honestly, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back because there had been other things recently that really made me mad. So, last week, rather than going into all the details, I can sum it up by saying that he basically made me look like the “bad parent” with one of his employees. He should’ve backed me up and he didn’t. So, I was so mad at him that I actually came very close to either quitting the bank all together, or leaving this job and going out to the branches as an Assistant Manager. I spent all of last weekend in prayer about it and working out the details of how my schedule would change with my Aunt, my parents and Scott. I came into work on Monday and was either going to tell him that I quit or tell him off. I chose to tell him off. So, I went into his office (Hope says that I stormed in), shut the door and gave him a piece of my mind. He was very surprised when I told him that I was ready to quit, but then decided that I wasn’t going to let him run me out of a job that I love. I told him that I hope to be here (in this position)longer than him and I am going to stick it out, but he needs to know how he made me feel. It was a very good discussion. Do I think he will change? NO….but at least he knows how I was feeling and at least I scared him. It would NOT look good for him if I left and he knows that. So, that is what is going on at work!

Well, I am glad that all my shows are over! LOL I LOVED seeing Melinda sing with the Winans on the AI finale. How cool is that? The song was awesome and the message was even more awesome. I wish Blake would’ve won…but Jordin can wail! She just got on my nerves at the end. Not every song has to have a long screaming note, just because you can.

I wish that Joey would’ve won DWTS, but Apolo was really the better dancer. Joey was the better entertainer.

I wish that Yau-man would’ve won Survivor…but Alex was good too.

So, that is about it for today! I hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend! I am looking forward to a 3-day weekend! We don’t have a lot planned – for a change – so that is nice! We have a graduation party on Sunday and then we are going to a Reds game on Monday….so hopefully the weather is nice!

Love you all and praying for you each and every day!!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I completely agree with your reality show comments! I loved Yau Man! Stupid Dreamz was full of it! Saying he was going to keep his word to make an example for his son and then going back on it and saying he was playing the game the whole time! Ba-loney! Arrggh! I, too, loved Joey, but I agree he was the better entertainer and not dancer. :(

Good for you for telling SP off! He deserved to know what he did and I'm glad you told him!

Glad everyone is well! Love ya!

Jodi said...

I miss you when you don't journal!! Glad things are going well though!

I was wondering if they are having a kindergarten graduation for Isaac? I CANNOTT BELIEVE that he will be a FIRST GRADER!!!! Man time flies!

Sorry that you had to tell Stinky Pete off - because I know that's not likeyou, but I so admire you for doing that and not backing down sis! Very proud of you!

Love you bunches! Have a great long relaxing weekend! See you soon!

Kelley said...

Good for you! Tell that man off and let him know where to stick it. You've really changed since he first started working there. It's nice to know that you've let him know you're staying longer than he is! lol!

Sorry about I-Man and the whole card thing. I know it's hard because he's doing what the others are doing, but he's bigger so it makes a difference....that's hard to understand....even for us adults!

FAB sound hilarious with the potty training thing...remember, you have a baby and she's probably like, I'm going to stay a baby forver! You've got to post a picture of her....I bet she's changed drastically since I've seen her last!

Gracie sounds great! She sounds as chubby as Little Burrito!

Hope you have a wonderful 3 day weekend! Write again next week!

Lots of Love!

Sherry said...

When oh when are you going to post pictures? I want to see these angels!

Glad to hear things are going well, despite Stinky Pete.