Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Great Weekend...

Hello Chicas! I hope you are all doing well…..and that you had a nice Mothers’ Day Weekend! I really did! We did something different this year and it was very nice! Jodi and Jim came up on Saturday morning in time to catch part of Isaac’s soccer game. He is really doing so much better with soccer! It is starting to click with him that running right into the middle of the pack of kids is not the best strategy. So, he will think about where the ball will come out and he waits there to get it after it leaves the mass of kids. Plus, he doesn’t want to hurt anyone, so he is pretty careful with the other kids. That will all probably change after he starts football! So, this might be his last year of playing soccer! LOL

Anyways, so then Jodi and Jim came over to our house and joined the chaos that is our house. I bet they thought it was a circus….but that is how we live every day! Anyways, we got the kids a quick bite and I showed her all of my Vera purchases….and then we went to see our Grandma. Well, on our way there we talked to Mom and she said that Grandma wasn’t feeling very good and so we weren’t going to stay very long and we decided to kill some time so we didn’t get there too soon. So, we stopped at some garage sales. Jimmie was navigating while I was driving….it was humorous! While we were doing that and visiting Grandma, Scott and Isaac went to t-ball practice. Then we all met up at Mom and Dad’s house for a cook-out. We had a yummy lunch/dinner and then enjoyed the gorgeous weather! It was a perfect day on Saturday! We played corn-hole and Isaac had a meltdown because he didn’t like the way you keep score in that game. My Dad came very close to switching him…..he was quite a brat. It probably didn’t help that he had like 5 people trying to parent him….but oh well! He just didn’t understand and he would argue with a wall, and he was tired, so not a good combination!

The cutest thing was….Faith Anne put on her “ballerina skirt”. I changed her diaper and she didn’t want to put her pants back on, so I was letting her run around in her diaper (yes, we are red-necks). So, she put on this skirt that is pink toile and you could still see the diaper through it. And then she was playing in the dirt….getting all dirty with her skirt on….it was just so stinking cute! My Dad took a few pictures….I will have to see if they turned out. It was precious. She is such a tom-boy sometimes…but so prissy other times!

Anyways, so we had a great visit with my family on Saturday! It was a very enjoyable day! We got home and I gave the kids baths and then Scott came home from PT Practice and we got them in bed and just relaxed….oh wait, no we didn’t. He had to go to the store and I had to clean the house! But it was still a nice evening!

Sunday Morning….we all got up and Faith Anne and Isaac had been up for a while and they were making me Mother’s Day cards. So, they brought me their cards and Isaac had made me some stuff at school. It was very sweet. Scott bought me a blender (LOL) and the Dream Girls Soundtrack. So, weird gifts. I was actually going to take both back (and I probably will still take the cd back and get something else), but we have used the blender. I will get to that later.

So, we went to church….we go to both services right now. Well, Scott helps lead in Heritage and my parents like to go to that service….and then I didn’t have any commitments this week, so I just went to second service too. That was nice because I hadn’t been to that one in a while, it seems. Anyways…..church was good and then we got home and started cooking out for Scott’s family. His Mom and her boyfriend, Rob came over and his sisters and Brayden. It was fun….except for Rob is a piece of work. He got there and didn’t talk to anyone, didn’t eat a thing, kept to himself and Laura had to basically beg him to come outside when we were all out back. It was very odd. He kept giving Scott dirty looks and just wasn’t pleasant at all. So, we weren’t too upset when they left early. His sisters stayed all day…and that was fun. We just played with the kids and visited. Oh, I did have an incident though. We were playing t-ball and I tried to fake Isaac out…..but instead I fell! Man did it hurt! I fell on my entire right side, but primarily on my arm. It was really hurting yesterday…couldn’t barely lift it up or anything. It is better today, but still really hurts! I got right up because I didn’t want him to think his Mommy is a wimp, but I was in some major pain!

So, the blender. Well, I am not sure why he bought it except for I had made this dessert that my boss bought me in New York (Serendipity’s Frozen Hot Chocolate…YUM) and the consistency wasn’t that great with our old blender. But seriously, we never use it, so what can you expect? Plus, we have a Smoothie machine that we never use! So, when he bought the blender, I thought it was dumb. Well, while his sisters were there on Sunday, he opens it up….again, I was planning on taking it back. We had a margarita mix (minus the alcohol, bummer) and he made that. It was very tart….but good. So, after a short nap, I got up and went to the store and bought us all kinds of things to make smoothies and stuff with. I bought frozen strawberries and pineapple and ice cream and yogurt and syrup and just lots of stuff. So, we made triple chocolate milkshakes on Sunday and then Monday morning I made a banana-berry smoothie….YUM! He had one of those last night. This morning I made a strawberry and chocolate one. So, that is our new toy. I am sure we will get burnt out on it….but it is good right now! It is so much quieter than our old blender and then the smoothie machine. Plus, I am one of those people who doesn’t have any appliances setting out….I put them all away. But this has been left out so far, and since it is already there, it is so easy to just put one together real quick and drink it on the way to work! And it is very filling! So, I guess it was a good gift!

So, back to our crazy week again! Last night was the church softball game (that they lost by one run!!!!) and then Jason and Tera came over for a cookout. Tonight is Isaac’s first t-ball game….tomorrow is church….Thursday is another t-ball game….Friday is t-ball pictures….Saturday is his last soccer game….it is always something!!!! But we are having fun! Gracie and Faith Anne are so good to just keep moving with us and roll with the punches! Speaking of Gracie…she has been sleeping pretty good! She usually wakes up at about 4:00 or so to eat but then goes right back to sleep. Although, she didn’t do that this morning! She is working on getting her top teeth in, so she has been pretty fussy lately. She is definitely having a harder time with her teeth than the other two did.

Well, I better get going….Please keep Jodi in your prayers. I will let her post all the details, but she had a scare with her blood pressure last week and had to go to the ER. So, please pray for her. And for Josy….if you haven’t read her blog, she certainly needs all of us prayer warriors to pray for her. I wish we lived closer….I was thinking this morning about when we all laid hands on Kelley and prayed for her…..there is power in prayer and especially when we all do it together. So, please pray for our great friends!

Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Dang, girl! You've been busy! A blender, huh? Isn't that like a big no-no unless you specifically ask for an appliance? LOL. I guess it's the thought that counts and at least you've gotten some use out of it!

Gracie's still eating at night? When do they stop that? I know that my SIL was feeding Alli during the night and I knew that's why she kept getting up, but her doctor told her to stop it. Her case is different though b/c she was nursing and didn't want to give that up. Did any of that make sense? I feel like I'm speaking gibberish.

Anyway, sounds like you'll have a busy week, but at least you're enjoying it! Miss seeing you!!! Love ya!

Kelley said...

I kind of like the blender idea....and you ARE using it! lol! I guess I'm all for practical gifts. lol!

Rob really does sound like a piece of work.....what a way to get to know the family. What a crazy head. I bet your MIL was so embarrassed.

Hubby and I were just talking about kids activities and how they take up so much time, but if you do things as a family, then it's still family time....and that seems to be what ya'll are doing. Taking the family to games and doing things like that. I'm using your family as one of my examples! lol!

Lots of Love!

Sherry said...

When I was in SF today, I saw a car with Ohio plates on it. I wanted to stop it and get in and say "Take me home with you please."

Blender? Woohoo! Send me your blender recipes. I have one we've been making pretty consistently that's posted on my cooking blog (cooking, books...you see how I'm crazy?) but I'd like to find more. Right now I'm tinkering with one that will eventually taste like the Orange Cream Swirl shake at Arby's. I hope.

Post those pictures!