Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wonderful News!!!!

This is an email I sent to my family this morning....I just wanted to get this out on paper so you can read it! I am sorry that I posted it to Facebook without calling you guys….but I was just so excited!!!!

So, last night…Mom and Dad came over and Dad gave Faith a cross necklace and told her how proud he was of her for memorizing scriptures. After they left, both girls wanted to read their Bibles and work on memorizing scriptures. Gracie quickly lost interest when she realized she had to repeat them to me (HA!) so she ran on. Well, Faith and I sat and we read verses and then, in her new Bible, I noticed a devotional on John 3:16. So, we read John 3:16 and then we looked at the devotional. It told us to read John 3: 1-16. So, I read it to her…stopping and asking questions along the way. When it mentioned being “born again”, I asked her what she thought that meant and she said the same answer that Nicodemus said….to have a new body. Then we kept reading and I could tell that she was still a bit puzzled about the meaning. Then I went back to the devotional and it explained that when you are born, your body is born. When you are born again, your spirit is born. I loved that! That seemed to make a bit more sense to her.

So, we sat and talked about that for a while and I asked her what it meant to be a Christian and she said that it means you believe in Jesus and God. Then I asked her what it meant to be baptized and she said that it means we are wiped clean of all the bad stuff we have done. So, I asked her if there were things that she had done that were bad and she said yes. I asked her what those were called and she said sins. I asked her if being baptized meant that if you did something bad the next day, like hitting Gracie, if you would need to be baptized again in the water. She said no….but she would need to ask God to forgive her.

I asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she said that yes, she has been wanting to be baptized for a while! So, I asked her to repeat the confession after me and she did. Then Scott came into the room, so we did the whole conversation over again so that he could hear it. And then we both smiled and rejoiced and told Faith how proud of her we are…..

It was so beautiful! I asked her if she wanted to be baptized right away or if she wanted to wait until Mimi and Papaw come back and she said she wanted to wait until Mimi and Papaw come back! So, we will plan for that in early April!!! God is so good!!!!!!

No comments: