Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy July!!!





Hello Journal Goddesses! It has been forever (or so it seems) since I last updated! Life just gets so crazy and I don’t often get the chance to update you on my extremely exciting life! So, sit back and enjoy the ride….just kidding! Let me bring you up to speed! We have had some big things happen since I last wrote!

Little Miss Faith Anne has turned 3 years old! Boy, did that fly by or what? It seems like just yesterday when she was born – not 3 years ago! We had a wonderful Princess Party for her and it was so adorable. I forgot to bring my camera to work today, so I will have to post a few pictures for you next time. But just imagine the cutey girls all dressed up in their Princess clothes – it was so much fun! She got way too many presents – even though we didn’t invite as many people as we normally do to our birthday parties! I really had a good time and got to enjoy the company more than I normally do…not sure what was different, but that was nice. She also had her first sleep over at our house. Her little friend Madison spent the night with us. It went fine, except for the next day she was a total brat. On Sunday, I thought our precious girl had been abducted by aliens because the person we had was intolerable! LOL Lucky for me, Scott spent most of the day with her while I was at church! She is quite the DIVA. I saw a t-shirt that said “What part of Diva do you not understand?” If it hadn’t been an adult shirt, I would’ve bought it for Faith Anne! I love her to pieces, but she can be challenging at times! She is still doing great with the potty training! She has had an occasional accident, but for the most part does really, really well! I am so glad that something finally just “clicked” with her!

Little Miss Gracie is crawling! It isn’t the traditional “crawl” just yet…but she is working on it! She is 9 months old and just such a sweet baby! We still have a rough time with her at night, but hopefully she will come around eventually! We go to her 9 month appointment tomorrow. I can’t wait to see how much she weighs and if they have some great advice for us to get her to sleep through the night. We should know how to do this by now (this is # 3, afterall)….but apparently our normal tricks aren’t working! We had to lower her crib because she is sitting up in it at night and also trying to pull herself up to standing. It won’t be long now until her 1st Birthday Party! They just grow up too fast. My favorite thing with her right now is when she gives you kisses. Your cheek gets completely slimed while she tries to bite/suck on your face! It is so adorable! I was so excited to get out some of Faith Anne’s old clothes for her. It is fun to see her in those clothes! I cleaned out her drawers a few weekends ago and panicked that she had no clothes….but I had a bunch that would fit her in the garage! Hopefully this will continue that she will be on the same kind of schedule that Faith Anne was! Although, it is also fun to buy new clothes! Just expensive! We are such bad parents…we never did her 6 month pictures and we still haven’t made an appointment to do her 9 month ones. Maybe on Saturday afternoon. We will see….

Isaac is keeping busy! I had to turn down his Uncle Jimmie for a play-date (aka Tractor Pull) for Friday because of Camp Extreme. We take him for his football physical tomorrow and then to pick up his football equipment on Saturday! He has football camp 3 nights next week….then we have a one week break…and then practices start – 4 nights a week! Isn’t that crazy? I think it is! But….with him, he needs the exercise and he loves to be busy. So, it will be a good thing for us. It will make life crazy, but oh well! Life is already crazy! He is so excited to start football- I just hope he likes it! It will be a real bummer if he doesn’t! T-Ball is over….on the last night of that, his coach had a pool party at his house and it was a ton of fun. The kids had a blast in the pool and he got a trophy. We had a great time! So, he is keeping busy! It is hard to believe that in just a little over a month it will be time for him to go back to school!

We are taking a family vacation and taking the kiddos to the beach for the first time! I am so excited! I haven’t really thought much about it because this week has been so buy with Camp Extreme – but I am really excited to see their reaction to the sand and the ocean! We are going to Myrtle Beach with my parents the week after next. We are going down there and listening to a time-share thingy…so it is pretty cheap! We plan on taking the kids with us to listen to the speech…and give them lots of sugar first, so hopefully they don’t keep us too long! But, you can’t beat those deals if you can say no to the sales pitch! Anyways, our reservation is for 3 nights right now…we might add on another night or so – it just depends on how much we like it. I don’t think that any of us have ever been there before, so we will see! Again, I am just excited to see how the kids react to the ocean! I hope they have fun! It is nice that Mom and Dad can go too because Scott is not a big sun-lover, so he might party poop out of the beach all day! LOL He is going to play golf once….it is part of the package…and it is his vacation so he should be able to do something he likes to do on his vacation! I have to keep reminding myself of that! LOL So, that is pretty exciting!!!!

Um, Camp Extreme is going GREAT this week! Seriously, it is going so great. The last few years of it have been a bit stressful….but this year it seems that most everything is just really falling into place and we have it down now. I think we have done it this way enough time s now, that most people understand the rotation and everyone gets it! Registration was a breeze – even on the first night! The theme is Super Heroes and the auditorium looks amazing! We worked on it for HOURS on Sunday and it paid off! And the classrooms are cool! It is just neat to see how it all has come together. We have had 117 registered kids this week…and another 8 or so in the nursery. So that is awesome! Last night I was able to be in the worship time and just enjoy it with Faith Anne. It was really moving to see/hear all of those kids praising God. They sang and signed “How Great Is Our God”…and let me tell you, I couldn’t sing towards the end because it was so beautiful and moving to see. I LOVE Camp Extreme. It is so great to see GOD moving through at our church! I think we will for sure have at least one new family as a result. This one Mom has been sitting in the foyer every night while her daughter is in class….and we have a little “café” thing set up out there….she has gotten to meet so many people that way and has commented that she loves to see how we all interact with each other. She said it feels so friendly and like a family. I told her that we are very much a family and because of that that we do have squabbles some times….but we also come back and forgive each other and move on. It was very neat to talk to her last night and hear an outsider’s perspective. She is very interested in coming to our Ladies’ Bible Study and Women’s Group. So, that is very cool! Faith Anne has LOVED being a part of the Preschool Class with her buddies. I guess she got mad last night because Elena wouldn’t hold her hand…..how funny! She always wants her way! Oh, the first night, we had a Spiderman “scale in” and it was very cool…..but it really scared Faith Anne. She is scared of everything, so I was prepared and right by her side when he came out. It was cool because we were singing “Jesus, You’re my Super Hero” when he was there…and one line of the song is “…better than Spiderman”….very cool. So, my week has been crazy with working and then rushing home to change clothes and then heading to the church until about 9:00 and then getting home and giving all the kids baths/showers and in bed. I am pooped! I had a big meeting at work on Wednesday too! So, stressful? Just a little!!!!! Thank the good Lord for my parents! They have had my kids for dinner and then just brought them to the church for me all week. I feel like I haven’t seen them (my parents or my kids) much this week! I don’t know what I would do without my Mom and Dad!!!!

What else? Oh, yeah….I had a birthday! LOL I was trying to forget about that. Yep, now I am “in my thirties”. I think that is worse than just being 30! I hate it! Oh well! I guess it is a fact of life! My birthday was alright - nothing to get excited about. Scott did buy me a very pretty watch and a dressing gown thing…..that was nice. I got some money, some gift cards, a very cool wall hanging that Jodi made for me….oh….and how weird is this? My FIL and his wife actually came to the church to give me a present on my birthday! I was surprised, to say the least! So, it was a nice enough birthday. My MIL forgot all about it and then when Faith Anne was telling me Happy Birthday she laughed about forgetting it and still hasn’t given me a card or anything. That is a bit weird, but whatever. It’s kinda funny that the only person in Scott’s family that acknowledged it was my birthday was his dad – the one I can’t stand the most.

Uhh…I guess that is probably good enough! I know that a lot more happened since I posted last….but that is all I have time for now! I have been lurking and commenting occasionally! You all are in my thoughts and prayers every day! Love ya!!!!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I am so glad that CXT was great this year! I know how stressful the last few years have been and I am thankful that it turned out so well this year! PRAISE THE LORD! Isn't it amazing when the kids sing something and it just brings tears to your eyes?!?!?!?

I didn't even recognize FAB in that picture of her and Gracie. They are growing up so fast and you can tell they are brother and sisters. They are precious!!! Is I-man sitting on top of FAB in that last picture? lol!

Congrats on being "in your 30's". I start that journey down the yellow brick road next month. I'm a little frightened, but I'll always have you close to let me know how the road ahead is! lol! I love ya Missy!

I hope you have a great week. Jealous about the time share vacation! If ya get one, save me a week! lol!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Doesn't it just figure that Steve's the only one to recognize it? Uggghh! LOL. God has a funny sense of humor sometimes! :) Glad you had a good one anyway!

Yes, you have been very busy and your kiddos are just growing! I'm so amazed! Love the pictures! Can't wait to see ones from the party!

Totally jealous about Myrtle Beach! I'll place a bet that you'll add an extra day! :0)

girlie_mom said...

I, too think that Camp Extreme has gone just great!!! No drama or anything this year. I have just prayed and prayed about it. I kind of feel bad, though that the mission thing isn't going any better.

I LOVE Faith Anne's little jig. TOTALLY Scott. Cracked me up last night.

Yeah so jealous about the Myrtle Beach thing, but you had kids first so you can tell us how they do. We're going next year with my whole family so you can give us some helpful hints.

Love ya and see ya tomorrow!!!