Monday, April 21, 2008

Pictures and an Update!





So, wow! It has been nearly a month since I posted. What is up with that? It doesn’t seem like it has been that long, but I guess that is because I check everyone else’s journals every day. I just don’t take the time to update! I know you all are just dying to hear about my exciting life! LOL

Let me explain the pictures! The first picture is of me and my Girls! I mean, me and the Girl Cousins! We took this yesterday at the baby shower that we had at my house for Mandy and What’s-His-Name (that is the baby’s name! LOL). It was a fun shower and I wanted a picture of all of us because I don’t think we have one! Then we have Faith Anne after her hair-cut. Next is Isaac at a Bengals' basketball game (for charity...I know they play football!). And then Gracie on our way to vacation.

First, let me recap our vacation! For Spring Break we went to Gatlinburg for 4 days and 3 nights. We stayed at my parent’s time share and had a good time! Let me just say that it certainly was not a relaxing vacation – more like just chasing the kids around a new place that isn’t child-proofed. But we had fun…and more importantly, the kids had fun! Gracie was an escape artist. Most of you have probably heard the story by now, but at any rate, she escaped from our room when I thought Scott was watching her and he thought I was watching her. She went up two flights and stairs and was trying to get into someone else’s room. Yeah, that wasn’t very much fun. She also made it challenging to go see shows…so we went to one show with her and then Scott took the other two to another show without me and her. She and I went shopping in Gatlinburg instead. Bless her heart, she is just such a hand-full! We keep saying that if she had been our first, she would’ve been an only child! And I am really not joking about that. So, anyways, vacation was fun. On our way home from Gatlinburg, we stopped at Scott’s grandparent’s house to visit with them….we actually had every intention of spending the night there, but talk about a non-child-proofed house….we were pretty much miserable because we spent the entire time chasing the kids and trying to keep them out of stuff. So, we left at night when it was time to go to bed. The kids slept the whole way home and woke up in their own beds with their own toys – we were all much happier people! So, that was Spring Break!

Scott: He is doing fine. He lost the weight-loss challenge at work by 3 pounds. But he still did great! Since they had their final weigh-in, he has slacked off a little bit, but he is still watching what he eats and going to the gym occasionally. He was in a wedding last weekend and you could really tell when he was all gussied up that he has lost weight. It was a fun wedding to be a part of because it was his friend that he has had the longest – their parents were friends so they have been friends their whole lives. All the guys in the wedding were high-school buddies, so they kinda revert back to their high school days when they all get together. They goofed off a lot, but had a good time. The wedding was fine and the reception was a blast! They had a live band there…I think they were called Crushed Velvet and they played mostly 80’s stuff. We had so much fun! So, that was fun for us. He has been working (with my Dad’s help, thank goodness) on our patio. We decided (we, meaning he) to put down pavers and widen our patio a bit. The real goal is to get better use out of the space in our backyard. So, they have been breaking up bricks and digging up the space. I think they are going to start laying them this week – so that is very exciting! He loves to work out in the yard…he just doesn’t get a lot of time to. Next weekend, we won two girls in our church from the auction to raise money for their mission trip and they are gonna come do our mulch! Hopefully Scott supervises them, but that will be nice! I was going to say free labor, but I guess it wasn’t really free! We did go to a Third Day concert a few weeks ago. That was a lot of fun too! It was three other banks (Revive, December Radio & Sanctus Real) and Third Day. It was an awesome concert! David Crowder Band is coming on Halloween, so we are going to try to get tickets to that too. Good times. Our anniversary is tomorrow – 8 years! I am not sure what we are doing to celebrate it. I need to figure out when I am going to go buy him a present! I always wait until the last minute. So, gotta figure that out. He is going on an Emmaus Walk in May and I am really excited about that!

Isaac: He is doing great! His most recent report card was really, really good. He got +’s for most everything – which means performing above grade level. He also got mostly E’s and a few S’s (Excellent and Satisfactory). We are just so proud of him! He said that his friends call him Math King because he is so good at math. He still really likes school – wonder how long that lasts? He is in the 1st Grade Musical here in a few weeks and he was crushed that he didn’t get a “lead role”. He is a member of the choir. Thanks to good advice from Angela, I helped him through that. He really wanted to be a shark, but there are only so many shark parts, apparently. LOL He has started baseball practices and this is his first year of coach-pitch. He certainly isn’t the best on the team…but he isn’t the worst either. He needs some practice because he is still pretty scared of the ball. They use real baseballs this year, so they are harder…which scares him apparently. But he will catch on. They have only had 4 practices….I love, love, love his coach and it is fun this year because we know so many of the parents from last year. So, that keeps him and us busy! His homework load has gotten greater, so we have to spend more time on that each evening. It is hard for me to get the uninterrupted time from the girls, but we do our best! It seems that when we sit to do his work, if they are there, they think they need to be right where we are! He is very patient with his sisters…he has his moments, but for the most part, he always gives in to them and is so sweet and loving with them – even though they aren’t with him! He is just a big cuddle-bug!

Faith Anne: Well, we got her hair cut again! We cut another 5 or 6 inches off of it. It looks very cute and is much easier to manage. She just has such a tender head….and a whole head of thick, thick hair. She seems to like it this length. She is doing good – she is just getting over an ear infection. She was running a really high fever on Monday and Tuesday of last week…but had no other symptoms (said that nothing was hurting her). So, on Wednesday, she was at my Aunt’s house and I called to check on her and my Aunt told me she was just laying around…she took her temp in her ear and it was 105!!! And Faith Anne said her ear hurt! So, off to the doctor we went and sure enough, she had an ear infection! So, she is feeling better now, but that was scary! She has her first dance “recital” coming up. She is very excited about that….she loves to dance. She is such a girly-girl because she loves to play dress-up and look at herself in the mirror. She is also in this stage of telling me how much she loves me all the time (and I do mean all the time) and tells me that she loves me the most because I am her Princess Mommy. She cracks me up. Now that the weather is getting nicer, she wants to be outside all the time – well, they all do….but especially her. She loves to swing or just play in the dirt. She also makes up songs all the time…she is constantly singing. Such a cute age right now!

Gracie: Well, as I have already told you – she is a hand-full! She is into EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. It doesn’t take her very long at all to have my house in disaster mode. Right now, she is a giggle-box. She just giggles all the time. We are going through the stage where she doesn’t want anyone to leave, ever. She cries when someone leaves. We are really bad parents, because we still haven’t broken her of a bottle at bedtime. Now, I know with my other two we broke that much, much, much earlier than now. So, we really need to work on that…but it is just so easy! We really have to work on that soon. She is very attached to her pacifier. That was another thing…on vacation we thought (notice the word thought) that we lost her only pacifier. So, we went to three different stores in search of a replacement and apparently they only carry her kind at Meijers, which they don’t have in Tennessee (at least not where we were). Everytime I would bring her a new one to try, she would either spit it out, throw it at me or just flat out refuse to put it in her mouth. What a stinker pot! Hopefully she is just as easy to break of that as the other two were….but I am thinking that is too much wishful thinking! She is adorable, but she really tries my patience sometimes! Like Scott said, I think God gave me her to help me overcome my OCD issues!!!! It ain’t working!

Me: Things are going really good right now. You all know how we go through seasons of life – well, I am in a good season right now – pretty good, anyways. I have now lost a total of 47 pounds and I am feeling really good about that. I still have a LONG way to go, but 47 pounds is a great start! We finished our “Lose It for Life” study at church, but I am still going back through the book and the workbook. It is a really, really good study. I highly recommend it to anyone. Umm….work is work. Stinky Pete has days where I think he is getting better…then he does something to remind me of what a big doof he really is. But I am tolerating it much better now…for the moment anyways. I think he will probably get promoted (because we do such a good job of making him look good) next year. So…I just need to stick it out one more year! I had my endometrial ablation done about a month ago and have had no real problems. The procedure itself was painless and I slept great after the anesthesia. We’ll see how the next few months go! I had bronchitis last week and I am still very congested. But wah, wah, wah. There is so much stuff going around, I can’t really complain!

So, that is about it for me, I guess. I am sure there have been lots of other things that have happened, but this is long enough already! I will try to
not make it so long before I post again…but I won’t make any promises!

5 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad you posted that picture! It's good to see Mandy and Chelle too! Glad the shower went well for "what's-his-name"...ha!

It's funny b/c I see you at church, but we never get to talk, so I still end up catching with you on here! lol. You and Scott have done so great on your weight loss! I just hope I can get back into it once this baby's born!

Love the pictures of the kids!!! Love ya!

Dawn said...

Hey girl!! I just love your posts even if you're like me not so often but you are just always so uplifting and I always enjoy reading.
That is awesome about the weight loss. I know what you mean about the seasons of life and thats good you are in a good one right now... me too :) HA!! Very cool that stinky pete may finally leave ya in the next year. I enjoyed the pictures your kiddos are so cute. I was giggling at the "I think God gave me her to help overcome my OCD issues and it ain't happening" That would be me also when you have OCD you just have it I think . Love ya girlie!! I'm hoping to blog today myself its on my "list" HA!!!

Kelley said...

WOW! It HAS been a long time! :) I'm so glad that you blogged though...I was wondering about how your trip went!

Yep, TN doesn't have a Meijer. We miss it GREATLY!!!! I think the closest one is in KY. Sorry you had such a time with the pacifers. We have a thumb...and I'm sure we're not getting rid of that any time soon! lol!

That's awesome about the weight loss! I am so proud of you and Scott! I can tell in your picture that you've lost a ton of weight!

Funny about the OCD issues and Gracie...that's how I feel about Little Burrito...and yet we're having another one! lol!

Don't let it be so long!
Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary! You made it past the "7 year itch" too! Wahoo! In this day and age, that is for sure something to be proud of! So yay for you and Scott!

Sister, I'm also so very proud of your weight loss... that is quite an acheivement! I just don't think I tell you that enough so I wanted to tell ya here...

Love you!

Dawn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!