Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to Work after a 3-day weekend...blah!

Where did the time go? I can’t believe it is already January 22! I guess that time flies when you are having fun! And life has been fun – busy, but fun! God has just blessed me more than my feeble little mind could’ve ever imagined. Does anyone else ever feel like that? I know that I have felt that way a lot lately. No, I am not rich in terms of money. But in terms of gifts that God has given me, I am the richest person in the world. Now, if I could only remind myself of that every day – especially the days when I have the “wantsies” and start desiring other things!

So, anyways….things are going pretty good right now. Work is work. Not much to say about that because nothing is really different! My boss has been acting a bit strange lately, so maybe he is going to move soon. That would probably be a great thing, but I can’t say for sure because you never know who might replace him! Although, I don’t see how it could be much worse!

Scott is doing good at work. He gets frustrated at times because things are always changing, but he is still doing a great job and the hours are really great for our family. Now, it stinks because we both often feel like single parents – he in the morning and me in the evenings….and we only see each other for a little bit in the evenings during the week. But….we make it work! He has been going faithfully to the gym and losing weight already. I hate that men lose weight so much faster than women! Grrr… But he is in a Biggest Loser challenge at his work. So, if he wins, it would be $200! That would be nice!

Isaac is doing great. His swimming lessons are lots of fun for him. He actually jumped off the diving board for the first time last Thursday. The instructor was right there to catch him, but he was so proud of himself! I wish I had brought my video camera….or at least had my phone ready! I was busy with the girls so I didn’t get my camera ready in time. Oh well, it was cool! He is doing good and he really enjoys it. We just got him signed up for Coach Pitch Softball….I guess you call it that. That will be fun – and more challenging for him than T-Ball. That boy loves his sports…hmmm, I wonder where he gets that from? LOL We moved Scott’s PlayStation 3 into Isaac’s room and he LOVES playing the sports games. He really loves playing them with his Daddy too. So, usually when Scott gets home in the evening they play a game together before Isaac has to go to bed. He had his first sleep-over on Sunday night! We have had Jacob W. spend the night at our house, but Isaac has never stayed anywhere else before. So, he got to spend the night at Jacob’s house and he was so excited! I guess he had a little trouble going to sleep – but he has trouble going to sleep at our house sometimes too. So, my little boy is growing up so fast right before my eyes!!! We get his report card on Friday, so I am anxious to see how he is doing. From the work he brings home, it appears he is doing good. So, hopefully that reflects in his report card! He hasn’t had any behavior issues at school, so I am very proud of him!

Faith Anne is enjoying her dance class so much! I wish it was more often than just once a week because she loves it so much! It is called “Dance for the Very Young” and they do ballet, jazz and tumbling. She looks so stinking cute in her little outfit! She has been doing great with sleeping on the top bunk of their bunk beds. (Did I tell you that we took the crib down and put Gracie in a big girl bed with rails? We were DUN with the crib – after nearly 7 years of constant use!) So, anyways…Faith Anne sleeps on top and she loves it. She also loves Preschool. And let me tell you, I was so proud of her last night. We were playing games and we played High-Ho Cheerio…or whatever it is called. And then she wanted to play Isaac’s Boggle Jr. game. I didn’t think she could do it – but she totally knows her letters and was able to do it with very little help from me! That is amazing to me….I guess that is the difference that preschool makes…we didn’t send Isaac to preschool, other than what they offered at church. So, I was so proud of her! She, too, is growing up so fast!!!!

Gracie is really doing great in her big-girl bed! I don’t think she realizes that she could climb out of it if she wanted to….she just sits up and either plays or cries. I LOVE how much more room it gives them in their bedroom to play! And I was able to move a lot of the toys out of the living room and into their room…LOVE that! She still doesn’t always sleep through the night, but she is doing better. She is developing such a unique personality – I just love her. She doesn’t really talk yet – which is odd at 15 months, but I am not going to complain because I know how much they talk once you get them started! LOL I mean, she talks, but you can’t understand what she is saying. And that is because she has an older brother and sister who jump at her every “Uhhh” and get her what she wants. Oh well…I am sure it is a pretty normal “3rd Child” thing. She does the cutest thing when she is “dancing”….she basically just raises up one leg and that is her dancing. It is hysterical! We just sit and laugh when she does it, which prompts more of it! ADORABLE is all I can really say about her!

We have survived the time that my parents have been gone pretty well. I am not sure if they are coming back next week or staying longer in Florida. Part of me obviously wants them to come back and I know they miss the kids terribly, but the other part of me knows that they will get back and have a few days with the kids and wish they would’ve stayed down there and out of the cold longer! So, I haven’t asked them what they are doing yet. They called on Sunday and my Dad almost started crying when he was talking to me about the kids. Bless his heart. But my Dad – who is going to be 65 in June – climbed a rock wall on the cruise ship! Hello?!?!? Does he realize he is going to be 65 in a few months? He really does think he is Superman! Mom took pictures of it, so I can’t wait to see those!

My doctor’s appointment went fine. She sent me for an ultrasound – which I had and was no fun! But everything looked normal there. I find out the results of my pap next week…so hopefully everything is normal. There are three ways they can treat this condition that I have. One, birth control. I don’t want to do that because Kelli developed blood clots on her lungs (pulmonary embolism) and just about died from the pill. Two, 800 mg of motrin starting the day(s) before your period and taking it every 8 hours for the entire time. I am not a big fan of that because that isn’t good for your stomach or anything really. And thirdly, a procedure called endometrial ablation. This is an out-patient procedure where they put this instrument inside of you and burn your uterine lining – which prevents it from growing back. The chances are good with this that I would never have a period again and it doesn’t put your body into menopause. Before they can do that procedure, they have to make sure that there are no other abnormalities – hence the ultrasound. So, for right now, I am on the 800 mg of motrin until I go back to the doctor in March. Then we are going to discuss what they found and what I want to do. I am probably going to opt to have the procedure done if I am a candidate for it. So, that is what is going on there…thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

We are doing two great studies at church – Lose it for Life on Wednesdays and Because of Jesus on Sundays. Both are really great and their messages inter-mingle quite a bit. The Lose it for Life is all about making healthy lifestyle changes that also affect your emotional and spiritual being as well. We have only met one week, but so far…I am REALLY impressed. I completed my first 24 hour fast this past weekend – not something they tell you to do – but something that was recommended by our leader as a way to help learn the lesson of self-control. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would – and I know that was a God thing. But that is a great book that I highly recommend to anyone! I am excited about doing that along with the WW that I am doing.

So, things are plugging right along and going pretty good. Again, God just continues to amaze me with His grace and His love. We are so undeserving – but because of Jesus we are able to accept those gifts.

Love and Hugs to all!

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Awwwww...you've got to send pictures of FAB in her dance outfit. I bet she is precious!!!!

WOW! You got rid of the crib...and we're going to have to get ANOTHER one! lol! We'll have two in cribs at the same time I bet. Okay, not my journal...just going ARGH! :)

So glad that you've got some good studies at church. That Lose it for Life sounds wonderful. Who wrote it? We're looking for stuff for our new women's group and right now, we need some good stuff!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

I'm shocked you already got rid of Gracie's crib too! Did you actually get rid of it b/c we might want to buy it off you! :) I just want to keep Abby "jailed" as long as possible! I know she'll be the type to never stay in her bed! lol.

Glad you all are doing so well! That endometrial thing sounds kind of scary, but I'm glad you're okay with it if that's the route you're going to take. I just hope you can get "fixed" soon! :)

Love ya!

Missy said...

In case anyone reads follow-ups...no, we did not get rid of the crib and we don't really intend to because it is a convertible crib and makes into a full size head-board/foot-board. Plus....Jodi and Jimmie might need it! So, it is in our garage. She still acts like she is in a crib...so we LOVE it!!!!

Jodi said...

Hey sister... glad that everything looked normal on the ultra sound... the burning thingie doesn't sound fun... but I guess it does sound the best out of the three options they gave you... actually, the effects of the burning thing sounds fabulous... to not have a period! lol

but anyways, hope they get you figured out and that the motrin helps!

As far as Gracie not talking... didn't you say the same thing about Faith Anne? Or was that about eating? I can't remember...

Anyway, the other day a picture popped up on our screen saver of Isaac on Jimmie's lap with Jimmie reading to him... and Isaac was just teeny tiny... I just said.. oh my... where did the time go... it's true... they grow so stinking fast!!

You all make such good mommy and daddy too.. I'm totally taking notes!

Love you!

Mandalynn said...

Well, Sara beat me to the punch, but since you already answered, it doesn't matter anyway!! LOL I was gonna put a "feeler" out to ya about your crib, too!! LOL :) I don't think ours will last another baby!! LOL Remember, it's the one I slept in as a baby!! :)

Anyways, pluggin' along!! :) Sounds good!! :) Talk to ya later!! :)