Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cruise Recap - Day at Sea

Day 5 – Sunday, May 16 The fourth day of the Cruise!!!
Well, we slept in a little bit on Sunday too. But not too long because we wanted to be sure to get great sun chairs for our day of relaxing on the ship! So, we went and saved some chairs (which sounds very simple, but with me and Jodi being so stinking indecisive, it really wasn’t very simple!) and then ate breakfast. Then we headed up and enjoyed our time on the deck!!! There were times when there was a group of us laying out, but there were lots more times when there was one of us or so just laying there. Jodi went shopping, Mom was just walking around…I think we were just all enjoying our last day on the boat.

It seems that a lot of funny stuff happened that day, but I am already forgetting it! I do remember that Joy and I talked a lot and we just enjoyed that. We both decided that we missed our kids, but not enough to go home yet! HA! We also decided that we had to talk our husbands into doing a cruise at least once, however we are certain that it won’t be as much as this trip was! So, then we decided to go and do the water slide! So, Joy, Kelly, Jodi and I took off and went to the slide! Kelly is so funny….she is super skinny and cute, but she has no self-confidence. So, she didn’t want to take her swimsuit cover-up off to walk to the slide. So, Joy just told her to walk between she and I and Kelly’s butt would look great. That was hilarious.

The water slide was very fun! I forgot that the water would be salt water though. Oh, and Kelly went first and we were all cracking up laughing at her because she sat up so it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r for her to get to the bottom. It was almost like it was in slow motion. While we were waiting in line, they had a “hairiest chest contest”, so that was funny to watch. There was always something going on at the Lido Deck!

We also decided (me, Joy and Kelly) that we wanted to hate Jeanna (skinny cousin) because she is so perfect, but you just can’t because she is so nice! We decided that while she was sleeping on the deck in her bikini. HA!

So, the day was spent relaxing and I absolutely loved every single minute of it! Oh! I almost forgot that Mom happened to be in the dining room when they were making ice cream sculptures. So, she brought one to me to make up for not ordering me a drink the day before at Cozumel. That was sweet of her (but I was still salty about it…Just kidding)!

After spending 6 or more hours in the sun, I decided to go read or nap someplace in the shade. So, I went to the balcony in our room and dozed for a bit. It was so nice! Then I moved inside and dozed in there for a bit (after showering). Well, I need to tell you that prior to the cruise, I think for Easter or something my mom bought me and Jodi (and her) matching pajamas and robes. Well, it was a requirement that we all have said robes on the cruise….and we all wore them while we were getting ready. So, at this point, we had all taken showers and were sporting our robes just laying around the room killing time until it was time to get ready for dinner.

Well, there was a show in the theater before dinner. Mom was planning on going. Jodi, however, thought that it was the same show we had seen already, so she had talked me and everyone else into not going. So, she was just shooting for dinner-time (8:00) to be ready. Mom was shooting for 7:00. I was also shooting for 8:00 and it doesn’t take me very long to get ready. So….the cruise director made an announcement reminding us of the show and that is when we realized that we all had different plans and that it was NOT the same show. So, all of a sudden, we were sent into warp speed mode to get ready so we didn’t miss the show. It was pretty comical because you would’ve thought that we were the ones performing (since we were all in the same robes and we were all in panic mode). Heaven forbid we miss anything on the cruise! LOL

So, we all got ready in great time and went and caught the last half of the show….and it was good! Way better than the first night!!!! I am glad we caught part of it!

So, we get to dinner….and we were the last of our group of 23 to arrive. Remember how I told you that on formal night we (Mom and Jodi and I) had tried to jazz up the seating arrangements and it didn’t work? Well, when we got to dinner…the doors hadn’t opened up yet, so the other 20 women in our party were there waiting at the doors. The “cousins” (our posse) had a plan and executed it BRILLIANTLY! We ran (or walked very fast) into the dining hall when it was time and staked the claim to our table so that the “young cousins” could all sit together. It worked out BEAUTIFULLY! And we had a BLAST at dinner that night!!!!

Let’s see. Dinner was good….we all thoroughly ENJOYED our last night of chocolate melting cake (the most delicious dessert in the whole world) and we just enjoyed the company. It was a GREAT way to end the cruise! Well, just like the other night, when we were done (or almost done), the waiters sang a song. I got all teary eyed because it was about how our bags were packed and it was time to go and I just didn’t want to go! But it was great…..and then the music picked up and they started dancing on their tables again – LOVED IT. UNTIL…..see, there was this bachelor party that had their dining table next to one of ours. Well, they had picked up two girls that night for dinner and all throughout dinner, they would chink their glasses and the girls would kiss…nice. Well, when the dancing started, the girls (or one of them) got up on their table and started dancing. The music stopped and they got her down and then the music started up again and then a guy from their party got up on the table, so the music stopped and this time…it didn’t start again. So, we all boo’d them and they left with their heads hung in shame…..too bad they ruined the great entertainment that night. But we still had a blast at dinner!!!

We got some great pictures of our group that night and then the P-A-R-T-Y started! We went up to “our band” and danced the night away! I mean….we literally danced the night away! When we got to the lounge, our band was so excited to see us (and were excited to see them) and we all were dancing and having a blast! Even Joy’s mom (the preachers’ wife) joined us! She had a hoot too! And my mom’s cousins who were with us, they danced! They were in their 50’s and had NEVER danced in their life! They were raised strict Baptist and just never did that…..so they did and they had a blast!

There were some guys there….we had a nickname for one of them, but I can’t remember what it was. But he was there with his wife, but she wouldn’t dance with him. So, he danced with anyone that he could…..and had fun getting everyone to dance with him. It was comical. He was pretty harmless even though he tried to dirty dance with my mom! Then there was this other guy who was very harmless and just enjoyed dancing…so he danced with a bunch of us too.

We danced and we danced and we danced! The band played for a long time and lots of people came in and out of the bar. One lady who was dancing with us was like….we wish we would’ve found this bar earlier…this is the most fun we have had the whole time! I was like….yes, we are a fun group! LOL We took pictures with “our band” and told them how much we enjoyed them! The guitar player had a Jesus sticker on his guitar….they were just awesome. I mean, really…really AWESOME!

So, we shut that place down and reluctantly left our band. But the night wasn’t over yet (even if it was after 1:30)! We all went up to the Lido Deck and found the ice cream machines and walked around the top deck. So, that isn’t the brightest idea with an ice cream cone. It is very windy and so the ice cream was blowing all over the place. HA! And it was raining a little bit. And I was wearing a skirt and it was very windy. LOL But we walked around the deck and laughed and took pictures and just had a ball. Then we found some chairs and sat down and started singing! We sang some Acapella songs and just cherished every minute of that evening.

Finally, when we were so tired we couldn’t hold our eyes open any longer….we went to bed. I set the alarm on my phone and it literally told me that my alarm would be going off in like 2 hours and 40 minutes or something like that. Needless to say, we didn’t sleep much that last night…..but we sure didn’t care! We had a ball!!!!!

Stay tuned for my final Cruise Update. The trip home….not as much fun as the Cruise, but quite the adventure!!!!

2 comments:

Mandalynn said...

It was Chuckie...he introduced himself as Chuckie the first night @ Karaoke!! LOL He was fun to watch!! hahahahaha

Ahhhhhh, I can't wait to go again...and I AM going again...someday :)

Sara said...

Catching up on everyone....sounds like your cruise was a blast!!!! I'm so jealous! Ben and I are shooting for a tropical honeymoon next spring. I hope!!!! :) Love ya!