Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Say your prayers today, please....






Where does the time go? Am I the only one who cannot believe we are in the middle of October and heading into the Holiday Season? Wow. Time just seems to go at warp speed anymore. I know, I know…I sound like an old person. I guess I kinda am an old person! LOL

Well, quite a bit has happened since last time…the first thing I am going to write about is just the biggest thing on my mind today and I would ask that you stop what you are doing (even reading this! lol) and say a prayer for Jodi, Jimmie and the two precious foster children that they have to say goodbye to today. Thanks for doing that…. So, today is going to be a rough day for them, but they are going to be (and have already been) so blessed for listening to God’s prodding and showing His love to these little girls. So, we saw them over the weekend and it was sad to say goodbye to them. Faith Anne and Maycie just kept hugging each other and the goodbyes took forever. And that was a three year old and a four year old who didn’t really know that they wouldn’t see each other again. Those girls have made a lasting impression on all of us!

The other thing that is weighing on my heart is today would have been my Aunt Barb and Uncle Claude’s 37th Wedding Anniversary – she passed away last Wednesday…one week before their anniversary. Last week was a whirlwind…It started on Friday night while I was at the Ladies’ Retreat. They had to pick up my Aunt by ambulance because she had gone into what we thought was a diabetic coma. Her blood sugar went down to 30. So, Saturday morning as I was leaving the retreat, I called my mom to firm up our plans for the day and she told me that it wasn’t looking good for my Aunt. So…I cried pretty much all morning and at Isaac’s football game that afternoon. It was Parent Appreciation Day, so our whole family walked out on the field with him at the start of the game. Well, Mom came to the game and she and I left for the hospital as soon as the game was over. My Aunt was not doing well at all and it was hard to see her like that. The next day (Sunday), they moved her to Hospice. At the hospital, the person from Hospice told them that their goal would be to get her home. Well, as soon as they got to Hospice, the nurse immediately told them that she was in the final stages and she would not be going home – that she had less than a week, from her best guess. Let me tell you – Hospice is an amazing, amazing place. The work they do is just amazing. That night, Aunt Barb would respond somewhat to my Uncle and her kids. So, at one point…we all gathered around her bed and the chaplain led us in the Lord’s Prayer and Psalm 23 and then another clergy sang a few hymns. It was just an amazing experience. My cousin Michael got out his Bible and read some scripture…..it was so beautiful. So, both Monday and Tuesday I had to work but would go straight from work to Hospice….and then we got the call Wednesday morning that she had passed away. I am glad it happened the way that it did…she passed very peacefully. And I know that she is healed completely and loving all the children up in heaven. She was an amazing person who loved so many and that was so clear in her funeral on Friday. We had family in from Oklahoma and so Thursday & Friday were consumed with family time and grieving time. My family definitely all pulls together and shares a lot of love and laughter. It was just what Aunt Barbara would have wanted. Please continue to pray for my Uncle Claude and the kids – Andy, Michael and Nichol and Michaela, the grandbaby. For them, the hardest days are still ahead and I am sure today is going to be a hard day for Claude.

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and hugs. I really appreciate it.

In other news, I haven’t heard anything from the school about that job. I am thinking they probably gave it to someone internally…but it would’ve been nice to at least have gotten an interview! I am going to have to check on that. I wasn’t really holding my breath, but it would’ve been nice!

Quick recap on my family…

Isaac
He is still doing good in school. I have a conference with his teacher on Thursday and his report card should be coming out soon. He has gotten in trouble a few times for talking too much – go figure. But I think things are going good there. He still says he likes school and his teacher. They are on a field trip today and my Dad is there with them. He is such a good Papaw! Isaac’s football team is still undefeated! Our last game of the regular season is Saturday and then we enter tournament time. It would be so cool for them to go all the way – they would get to play at Welcome Stadium (UD’s field). So, we will see! He is going to miss it when it is over, that is for sure. He has a really good time – and so does Scott!!!

Faith Anne
She is still having some behavior problems…but they aren’t horrible. I am thinking it is her age and a middle child syndrome. But I do really enjoy her…she cracks me up and can be so very sweet when she wants to be. She seems to be doing good at Preschool. I am anxious to meet with her teacher to see what she thinks about her.

Gracie
My baby turned two! That is just so hard to believe! She kept saying “my birthday” and still does. If anyone else says it is their birthday, she has a fit. We had fun at her birthday party….she really enjoyed throwing everything (tissue paper, card and present) out of the bags. LOL It was the fastest I have ever seen someone open presents! I had to go back through everything afterwards to see what she got since she just threw everything, but it was very cute!

Scott
Things are going fine for him with work….and he is still enjoying coaching football. I think he will be happy to see the season end, but he has had fun this year. I think we are both ready to get back to a more normal routine…until the next thing starts!

So, that is about it for us, I guess. It has been a crazy few weeks, but life should be settling down again soon. Scott and I have a date night this weekend and we haven’t had time for just the two of us for a very long time…so I am thrilled about that! I think we are going to do dinner and a movie. I want to see that movie “Fireproof”, so hopefully it is still in the theaters this weekend.

Oh, I have been enjoying the “reconnecting” part of Facebook! I don’t know much about all the other “stuff”…but I have been talking to a few people from high school and college and it is really neat to get reconnected through that! It has sure brought back some good memories!!! Now all the other stuff, I will have to figure that out when I have time to sit and play with it…but the talking to people is fun!

Hope you all have a great week…..praying for Jodi and Jimmie!!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Said a prayer and have been thinking of them all day!

I'm so glad that everything was peaceful for your aunt. I know it was more comforting that way.

Girl, you look great!

Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

Thanks for praying for us!

Re: Facebook.... I'm sort of lost on there especailly since they changed it but the reconnecting part is way cool.. there are a ton of people from Asbury on there! And I noticed that there's a lot of your high school mates too...